Friday, April 1, 2011

FRIDAY!

I LOVE THIS SONG!



Yeah, that was my prank. Anyway, I was going to write a lengthy essay on "Women in Roleplaying" and make it extremely sexist and ridiculous, but I probably don't get enough traffic that anyone would see it until a few days from now and then they'd forget it was supposed to be a joke. April Fools IS the official holiday of the internet, and I found a website that keeps track of all the major pranks. I think Hulu has the best prank, Google's isn't as good as it has been in the past, although the Google Motion is pretty funny. Still waiting for Gearbox to tell us Duke Nukem Forever is yet another elaborate joke. I have money riding on it never coming out, so I'm pretty hopeful.

I went through the entries for the One Page Dungeon contest last night, this is by far my favorite: The Emperor's Playground. I think it's top-notch. There's a lot of implied setting/feel and has more information packed into it than you realize at first glance. Plus, the map is a thing of beauty. Oh how I wish I had such talents...instead, I make a dungeon with 6pt font about getting stabbed with a golden penis. Such is life.

There is a post I worked on some this morning, but I'll probably hold off until tomorrow or Sunday to finish it up, 99% of the reason being because of this stupid holiday, the other 1% being laziness. Maybe 50/50 is closer to the truth, but whatever. IT'S FRIDAY!

7 comments:

  1. It's only a prank if it's not true. She rocks out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta make my mind up, which seat can I take. With lyrics like that, it's no wonder you love this song.

    Oh man. I love blogging. Great stuff. Congrats on making the list over at the Cake Crusader's blog (aka ckutalik).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seven a.m., waking up in the morning
    Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
    Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal
    Seein' everything, the time is goin'
    Tickin' on and on, everybody's rushin'
    Gotta get down to the bus stop
    Gotta catch my bus, I see my friends (My friends)

    Kickin' in the front seat
    Sittin' in the back seat
    Gotta make my mind up
    Which seat can I take?

    t's Friday, Friday
    Gotta get down on Friday
    Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend, weekend
    Friday, Friday
    Gettin' down on Friday
    Everybody's lookin' forward to the weekend

    Partyin', partyin' (Yeah)
    Partyin', partyin' (Yeah)
    Fun, fun, fun, fun
    Lookin' forward to the weekend

    7:45, we're drivin' on the highway
    Cruisin' so fast, I want time to fly
    Fun, fun, think about fun
    You know what it is
    I got this, you got this
    My friend is by my right, ay
    I got this, you got this
    Now you know it

    Kickin' in the front seat
    Sittin' in the back seat
    Gotta make my mind up
    Which seat can I take?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't this song out of my head. "It's Friday, Friday...partyin' partyin'"

    So true.

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://truculent.org/friday/

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is "can't get this song out of my head". Yeah.

    ReplyDelete