Sunday, April 10, 2011

Your Highness

Yes, I saw this movie yesterday afternoon. I shant bore you with a lengthy review, merely some thoughts...it starts off strong but starts to get a little boring toward the end. Excessive numbers of dick jokes. Which is fine, really, but some scenes were pretty fucking gross. Again, fine because I knew that was coming. Overt homoeroticism, but that wasn't over done and it stayed humorous throughout. Acting was pretty good, but oddly enough, Natalie Portman was the worst of the bunch. And she's the most "serious" actor in it, besides Charles Dance (how they roped a legit Shakespearean actor into this I'll never know, but he's pretty convincing).

Alright, whatever, it was a decent flick and I only paid $4 at the matinee...but I gotta ask: did Danny McBride play a lot of D&D as a kid? This movie seriously reminds me of someone's fucked up D&D campaign turned into film form. And there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I hate to admit this, but all the games I run seem to turn out exactly like Your Highness. Literally. I don't want to give any spoilers, but there's literally not one scene in the film that didn't remind me of stuff that happened in my games. I'm not sure if that's good or bad...

Overall, probably a B-.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, i'm intending to see this film, appreciate the warning so I don't have too high expectations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't say don't see it, just that avoid paying full price. It could have easily been a lot better with just a bit more effort.

    ReplyDelete