Anyway, it was brought up during the game that a party of mostly Dwarves works just fine: Dwarves are inherently pugnacious, like treasure and go on adventures. This led to a further comment about Hobbits being annoyingly boring, and how a game consisting of all Hobbits would rapidly devolve into inanity. If in fact a Shire rpg were produced, allowing nothing but Hobbits, with the Shire as the primary setting, it would be the antithesis of every hack-n-slash rpg out there. I decided to create a short sample table of possible adventure hooks to give you an idea of how atrocious such a game would be.
Roll a d6
- Daffodil Brablebuck has lost her kitten! Mayor Whitfurrows offers a reward of three pints at the Green Dragon Inn to anyone able to locate the animal.
- You awake one morning and notice your favorite vest is missing two buttons; they must be found or replaced before cousin Bippee Gamgee arrives for dinner.
- There's a sewing contest at noon but you're out of red thread!
- Gophers are tearing up your garden but you're already late to the pub. A real quandary...
- Lena Nobottle insists she can blow better smoke rings. Time to break out the pipeweed and show her a thing or two.
- Eating contest between Adagrim Bracegirdle and Ted Tunnelly. Who will win?