Thursday, November 17, 2011

PRESS RELEASE: BLUDGEONS & FLAGONS TO BE PUBLISHED!

It is with great joy I announce that work has begun on BLUDGEONS & FLAGONS, a recreation of the Original Rules (tm) that are even MORE original. I started this project several days ago after reading the comments on some of my previous blog entries. It became apparent to me that I was "missing the point" of the Original Rules (tm), so I began examining the Original Rules (tm) at great length. After much thought I  decided to distill down everything that made those rules great and make them even greater. Supreme, if you will. BLUDGEONS & FLAGONS will be the most primal expression of the Original Rules (tm) ever published, and provide the truest roleplaying experience possible. Unquestionably these rules will change the hobby forever.

The creative process does not exist in a vacuum, but in this case it did. I worked on these rules alone for countless hours, editing and collating literally billions of ideas into this new format. There is one individual who offered a bit of help, but his incoherent babbling was lost amongst the insanely great ideas I formulated out of my own head. I have included his name in the credits as a matter of civility, but take no heed for I am the originator of these rules and final authority rests on me.

As a teaser of great things to come, I am making the first six pages of BLUDGEONS & FLAGONS available to download and read FOR FREE! TODAY! Once you see these rules you will plead with me to preorder the published copy. Your gaming life has been made much brighter today, by me, for I provide the FUTURE IN FANTASY WARGAMING!




20 comments:

  1. Is this going to be available in Advanced as well?

    :)

    (morning meter=awesome)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You will be hearing from my attorney, sir.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will we be regaled with tales of heroic balance!? I don't think I could get behind this if not...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Ckutalik - He better be a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Will there be Errata published online?

    IT'S NOT A REAL GAME WITHOUT ERRATA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Didn't see 'Chicks Who Look & Act Like Dudes' as a playable class :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do plan to publish an Advanced edition shortly as the past hour has brought to light some legal problems.

    Errata will never be made available as there isn't any errata. This edition of the game is perfect in all ways.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have not been to this blog in awhile. I forgot how funny you are. Great post. Much luck and success, to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great, another game I'm too stupid to play. Why does this keep happening?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aos, I feel the same way...

    That's why I'm hoping to pick up the Beginner Box this holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Self-styled Brad
    I will relish the day when Mack and Monica edge you out of the company--while you are out in California pimping for movie rights.

    ReplyDelete
  12. With all the pending litigation... I can't wait to clean up selling my copies on eBay!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This could revolutionize games! Are you happy with the art though? It's a bit crap, honestly. I think you should put out a book with some of the houserules you use yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOW DARE YOU!

    THAT ARTWORK IS AUTHENTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. About time! I honestly was getting tired of playing "poking a stick in my eye". Most promising OSR product ever. The art looks a bit rushed perhaps? BTW my Mom's basement is where I live. Not joking. Stop pretending.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was playing one of the 'modern' versions of this type of game with a wiki-site, but now I see the error of my ways...
    the shame.
    Oh! the shame...

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. After reading your post and researching the issues, I'm convinced you have a valid legal claim with a high probability of success. As soon as I receive your retainer, I will be happy to start work on your case.

    ReplyDelete